The side of Michael Jackson they don’t show you: his ACTUAL RACE.
On 6th February 1984, after winning an unprecedented number of AMA awards Michael spoke to black publication JET magazine about people in his life he was thankful for; Stevie Wonder, who expresses pride of race in his music.
“That’s why I love Stevie Wonder’s album called Songs in The Key of Life… He had a song called Black Man and I just jumped up screaming when I heard that record because he’s showing the world what the Black man has done and what other races have done… He named it Black Man and all these people who have got the album sing it. And that’s the best way to bring about the truth.”
Fun fact: I wrote a paper on Michael Jackson last year. A lot of people don’t know that his DNA was actually traced all the way back to Ghana where we is part of a royal dynasty.
Yes, because of that he was crowned Prince Mikaeel Amalaman Anoh II Of the Ivory Coast Kingdom Krinjabo & Agni Empire (that’s his full royal name).
I’m guilty of believing the anti-blackness hype propagated by Michael. We need to make sure this part of his legacy gets passed on.
They KEPT coming for Mike as soon as he got hot. Why? Because they couldn’t handle the fact that a nigga had as much diplomatic status as some world leaders, was more famous than the pope WHILE BLACK. Like could he live?
SOOOO glad to see his quote about Otis Blackwell. That’s why I will NEVER be a fan of Elvis. Especially when EVERYTHING he did was stolen from black culture (Chuck Berry…the ACTUAL king of rock and roll and hell even Ike Turner who is commonly called the founder of roll). THE HISTORY BOOKS IN AMERICA ARE A LIE!
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.every time I see this, I reblog it.